Electronic commerce (e-commerce) is the reality of our time. It is no longer surprising “virtual” transactions for the purchase / sale of various kinds of goods and services, electronic money, electronic marketing, electronic banking and much more.
What is e-commerce?
The concept of “e-commerce” includes all financial and trade transactions carried out with the help of computer networks, as well as all business processes associated with the conduct of such transactions.E-commerce has emerged due to the rapid development of sales automation technologies, the introduction of automated resource management systems at enterprises, the growth of the number of active Internet users. In recent years, e-commerce has expanded into a wider range of human activities.
Today, an ordinary Internet user is very convenient and quick to pay for goods or services via the Internet, receive and transfer money from his electronic account, use the services of banks through the Internet – all this is e-commerce. With the good at ecommerce website design you will have your solutions properly present now.
- E-commerce is divided into several generally recognized categories ( b2b, b2c, c2c, c2b ), each of which in certain cases has some advantages.
- E-commerce systems open up entirely new opportunities for the development and strengthening of existing business, and also provide a rich toolkit for creating a new business in the Internet environment.
- There are both ready-made universal e-commerce systems , as well as certain individual solutions, on the basis of which systems are created that correspond to the needs of each particular company and its business.
- There are different types of e-commerce systems: the level of implementation, the directions and scale of implementation, the technology of construction, and so on.
Among the most famous e-commerce systems are solutions for online stores (e-shops, e-shops). Online stores offer products to customers, regardless of their location and accept payment in various ways, including through electronic payments.
Due to the lack of direct contact between the seller and the buyer, e-commerce through the online store is associated with a number of risks and problems :
- risk of non-payment;
- the risk of leakage of confidential information;
Risk of non-delivery of goods or delivery in an improper kind
Complete elimination of such risks is impossible, because they are due to the difficulty of identifying the parties when making a transaction, the lack of an electronic commerce culture. Therefore, e-commerce systems should ensure that such risks are kept to a minimum and maintain the highest security of transactions.
For example, the presence of special mechanisms for the identification of participants in the transaction, the use of secure communications and the encryption of confidential data in the e-commerce system are necessary.